9 ingredients, 20 mins, serves 2
- 4 Eggs
- 400 grams Crushed Tomatoes (tinned)
- 1 tsp Harissa (preferably rose harissa)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 0 milligram Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped)
- 60 grams Feta Cheese
- Using a saute pan which has a lid, gently fry red pepper in olive oil until softened (2 – 3 mins). Add the ground cumin and harissa and stir through.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for a further 10 mins. Then make a well for each egg and add 1 – 2 eggs per person. using a spoon swirl the egg white into the tomato mix. Crumble feta on top and put lid on the pan. Simmer covered for about 5 mins until eggs cooked but yolk not fully set.
- Sprinkle with coriander and season with black pepper to serve.
- Make it dairy freeSkip the feta or use vegan feta alternative.
- Make it veganGet all of the flavours of shakshuka without the egg . Add 1/2 can butter beans per person to increase the protein.